The Fringe Festival is open to anyone who wants to produce their own show. For some, it's a once-a-year opportunity to create a show; for professional companies, it can be an opportunity to try something new. All shows are accepted.
Last year we transitioned into the Neighborhood Fringe, where each neighborhood had its own section in the Festival guide, rather than what had been collectively labeled in the past as Philly Fringe. This enabled each neighborhood to become its own Fringe Festival - South Philly Fringe, Kensington Fringe, Old City Fringe, etc. It also allowed audiences to more easily plan an outing. Our plan is that each neighborhood gains an artistic identity through the Fringe Festival that provides a vibrant cultural experience unique to that neighborhood. This way too, all shows become "centrally" located.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Jordan Layman, Neighborhood Fringe and Artist Services Coordinator at Jordan@FringeArts.com or 267.612.4899.
Registration is now open via MyFringeArts.com! The registration fee will be $350 but be sure to register early as it gets you a DISCOUNT!
Registration will CLOSE and all first step information will be due June 3!
Some important things to think about:
- What work(s) will you present?
- Where will you perform these works?
- When will you perform?
What do Neighborhood artists receive?
- Show listing and image in the Festival Guide (in print and online)
- Administrative, marketing, PR and box office support
- One Festival Membership: 30% off all tickets (will be given to the primary email listed on MyFringeArts.com)
- Customized Sandwich Board with your show information to put outside your venue
- Fringe Artist Rush: $5 ticket, 5 minutes before the show (for each person in your company, good for all Festival shows, depending on availability)
Discounts and Contests!
This year we will offer a variety of discounts for our registration fee. First, all registrants before May 1st will receive a reduced early registration price ($275!) In addition, all early registrants will be entered to win a free full page ad in this years Festival Guide!
After early registration is over on May 1:
- Current Students $50 off
- Community Centers $50 off
- Recent Graduates (2010 and later) $50 off
- Multiple Productions $50 off (per show)
If you think you qualify for one of these discounts after May 1, please contact Jordan Layman, Neighborhood Fringe Coordinator at Jordan@FringeArts.com.
Save the Date: Artist & Venue Mixer
FringeArts will be hosting a meet and greet for interested artists, registered artists and local venue representatives. We will provide beer and opportunity, so bring your networking A-game! The event will be on Mon, April 21, 6pm at FringeArts, 140 N Columbus Blvd. Please RSVP to Jordan@FringeArts.com.
MARKETING & PR
ADVERTISE IN OUR FESTIVAL GUIDE
We have begun accepting reservations for the 2014 Festival Guide. Because this is the most effective way of promoting performances, artists receive a special 40% discount on their advertising rates. Click here for our 2014 artist rates and specs.
Email Greg@FringeArts.com to reserve your space today.